Source: realsimple.com via efoodtable on Pinterest
This is a healthy, quick, and delicious recipe that I found from Real Simple that I know we will make again and again. The recipe is originally by Sara Quessenberry and photo credit to Hans Gissinger. Enjoy!
Kale and White Bean Soup (8 servings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 15.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 cup small soup pasta, such as tubettini, ditalini, or orzo (4 ounces)
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems discarded and leaves torn into 2-inch pieces (8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan (2 ounces), plus 1 piece rind (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 loaf country bread, warmed
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, celery, onion, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the beans, pasta, kale, rosemary, 8 cups water, and Parmesan rind (if using). Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the pasta and kale are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the Parmesan rind. Stir in the lemon juice and sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan before serving. Serve with the bread.
Mmm – looks and sounds delicious! Will have to try it 🙂
Let me know if you like it. 🙂
This looks great! I can’t wait to try it!
Thanks Nelson. Let me know if you like it also. 🙂
I love kale but never though about it with beans in a soup before. This soup looks very filling and perfect for the winter weather here. Great post as always 🙂
Thanks Kay and yes, you are right it is perfect for the cold weather!
This soup looks delicious…and perfect for a cold night. Can’t wait to try it!
Hi courtneygerlich, thanks for commenting. 🙂 Yes, perfect soup for a cold night! What i love about it is that it makes 8 servings, so you can make it to share. 🙂
Great for a group or for left overs…thanks!
Love kale and love white beans. Looks delish!
Hi Karen, yes, I love this recipe too. It’s so delicious.