This is a healthy, quick, and delicious recipe that I found from Real Simple that I know we will make again and again. The recipe is originally by Sara Quessenberry and photo credit to Hans Gissinger. Enjoy!
Kale and White Bean Soup (8 servings)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 15.5-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 cup small soup pasta, such as tubettini, ditalini, or orzo (4 ounces)
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems discarded and leaves torn into 2-inch pieces (8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan (2 ounces), plus 1 piece rind (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 loaf country bread, warmed
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, celery, onion, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the beans, pasta, kale, rosemary, 8 cups water, and Parmesan rind (if using). Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the pasta and kale are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the Parmesan rind. Stir in the lemon juice and sprinkle with the shaved Parmesan before serving. Serve with the bread.