This is the song that’s getting some heavy playing right now…
Aside from the really awesome beat that’s keeping me awake during long ___ amongest other things… 🙂 (I am talking about my commute here just so you know. 😉 )
I know I am weird for saying this, but I do write a lot about food on this blog, so indulge me one moment please. 🙂
Now… IMAGINE a long overlooked or a misunderstood ingredient in your fridge or cupboard singing this song now that it has become a featured ingredient of a dish?
Ohhh..how about Beets? Beets can be singing this song to whatever other ingredients that was giving her a hard time.
Days like this I want to drive away [probably in a red hot convertible]
Pack my bags and watch your shadow fade [yeah…you bully bell pepper you…]
‘Cause you chewed me up and spit me out [some people just don’t appreciate Beets]
Like I was poison in your mouth [Ouch!]
You took my light, you drained me down [Overcooking is not good]
That was then and this is now
Now look at me [Woohoo!]
This is the part of me that you’re never gonna ever take away from me, NO [Perfect Beet with it’s beet red color!!!]
This is the part of me that you’re never gonna ever take away from me, NO
Okay, I am done… I really do think this song is very empowering. Enjoy this song or better yet — Sing along with it. And make yourself a really nice Roasted Beet Salad while at it. Recipe below. xxoo
Roasted Beet Salad
(another great recipe from vegetariantimes)
- 8 medium beets, trimmed and scrubbed (1 1/2 lb.)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tbs.)
- 6 cups mesclun greens or other salad mix
- 3 Tbs. prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss together beets, olive oil, and garlic in baking dish. Bake 40 minutes, or until beets are tender. Cool.
- Scrape skin from beets with paring knife. Slice into rounds.
- Toss greens with vinaigrette. Divide among plates, top with beets, and serve.