Yesterday, we featured a Food & Wine recipe on how to cook spicy Okra and I mentioned how that dish goes really well with Coconut Rice. So here’s a really easy coconut rice recipe from About.com.
Easy Coconut Rice – Ingredients you will need (4 servings):
* 2 cups Thai jasmine-scented white rice
* 2 cups good-quality coconut milk
* 1 3/4 cups water
* 2 heaping Tbsp. dry shredded unsweetened coconut (baking type)
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. coconut oil, OR vegetable oil
* Optional: 1-2 Tbsp. toasted coconut for garnish (see instructions below recipe)
Both of these recipes are pretty easy, quick and very tasty.
Coming up tomorrow: Join me as we virtual travel together from this end of the rainbow to Ireland.