This is what I made for my family recently. A tribute meal to celebrate Oktoberfest!
- Honey Chicken Drumsticks (goes with the hendl theme although the recipe is more Thai than German…Lol.)
A tad healthier but still very hearty… My mom really enjoyed this dish.
I got this recipe “Drumsticks with Peach and Honey” from IrvineHouseWife at allrecipes.com
I modified the recipe to fit in with what I have at home, but it tasted awesome nevertheless…
- 1 teaspoons butter (non-salted Irish butter from Trader Joe’s (TJ’s))
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 chicken drumsticks (organic free range chicken from TJ’s)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (sea salt)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 leeks sliced (organic leeks from farmer’s market)
- 5 teaspoons honey (local honey: San Francisco Golden Gate Honey – Grade A; unfiltered; Beekeeper: Peter Sinton)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (Kikkoman)
- 1 cup water
- 1 lime, thinly sliced (from yard)
Directions (I followed the direction from IrvineHouseWife’s recipe )
- Heat 1 teaspoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat
- Stir in the garlic, and cook for a minute
- Season the chicken with salt, and add to the skillet
- Cook until the chicken has browned on all sides, about 15 minutes
- When the drumsticks have browned, remove, and set aside
- Melt the remaining 1 teaspoon butter in the skillet, and stir in the sliced leeks. Cook and stir until the leeks begins to soften, then stir in the honey, soy sauce, and 1 cup of water.
- Return the drumsticks to the skillet, and bring to a boil over high heat. Place the lime slices on top of chicken, cover with a lid, and simmer until the drumsticks are tender and no longer pink at the bone, about 15 minutes.
- Once the drumsticks is done, remove and serve.
ENJOY with your favorite brewski(es)!!! (or Sweet Tea since it was really hot here lately!)
meat and beer, here we come! that looks yum, i love honey chicken!
thank you! it was really good.
Sounds killer….Hope it was tasty?!
It was really tasty! The receipe called for onions, but I think leeks actually made it taste better…
Please, please, please come cook for me!
That’s so sweet Izzie. Cooking is a project-in-progress for me at the moment. Maybe when I get better? 🙂