C, M, and I went to Mochica for dinner a few days ago. M had this restaurant on his list forever, so it was great to be able to finally accomplish and check this off his list.
While the restaurant is located at a rather isolated area in SOMA (and the neighborhood can be a bit shady), the parking was ample.
Mochica serves Peruvian cuisine, which according to M, is quite “In” right now. Good to know, good to know… However, this restaurant isn’t among the newest, trendiest, or the most “in” at the moment because it has been open since 2004. Nonetheless, this still draws a good crowd for dinner and the food is interesting and tasty.
Here’s what we had:
- Pastelito de Choclo (ground corn cake)
- Pulpito Parrilla (grilled octopus)
- Tequenos Marinos (shrimp and mozzarella wontons)
- Milanesa de Pescado (fried fish and chips) — (No picture)
- Calamares Rellenos (grilled chorizo stuffed inside calamari)
- Ceviche Tibio de Camarones (Sauteed whole shrimp with aji amarillo)
- Cristal Peru Beer
- Flan de coco (coconut flan)
- Mousse de Maracuya (passion fruit mousse)
- Alfajores (Cookies with dulce de leche)