Zaab is a new Thai restaurant in the Richmond district.
While there are many Thai places already in this City, their food instantly distinguishes them from the mediocre.
We tried two dinners there…
Dinner 1 (We asked for extra spicy):
- Pad Thai (Pan fried rice noodles with tofu, egg, garlic, onion, bean sprouts, dry shrimp and peanuts sprinkled on top) Pad Thai is one of Thailand’s national dishes.
- Pad Gra Prow (Chicken sauteed with fresh chili, garlic, onion, bell peppers, basil, and green beans) Some places serve their chicken gra prow with chopped chicken, but this place they served it sliced. While I tend to prefer chopped for this dish, I love, love, love the spicy sauce.
- Moo Yang (Grilled marinated pork with special garlic sauce served with sweet & sour sauce) Oh wow, the garlic sauce is amazing!!! And I just realized we ate a lot of garlic that night. Mmm…must have amazing breath! Lol.
- Tom Yum Goong (Hot and sour prawns soup in clear broth, tomatoes, lemongrass, mushroom, kaffir lime leaves and galanga. You can opt to have the coconut milk broth instead of clear broth, but we thought the clear broth is healthier.)
- Gai Yang (Half chicken with thai spicy and herbs and served with sweet and sour sauce and along with that lovely spicy garlic sauce we love.) YUM!
- Brown rice
- Thai iced tea with lemonade (Thai iced tea without cream but mixed in with lemonade…perfect for summer)
And pictures of the food below: